If Iowa City bars were your friends

We’re a rowdy bunch

Different moods call for different drinking spots.

Trying to watch the football game? Sports bar. Trying to get your groove on? Dance club.

We also have a multitude of friends. There’s the quiet and “goody-two-shoes” friend of a friend, the obnoxiously loud gal pal, and then of course we all have that one “partner in crime” who forces tequila down your neck the entire night.

So what would it be like if each bar in Iowa City was one of our mates?

The Summit

I think we all know who this would be. *Cue the salmon shorts and Sperry’s*… our frat bro buddy.

You can always count on him if you need someone to go out with on a Tuesday night for one dollar drinks. While he can get annoying with all of his frat talk, he definitely knows how to have a good time. And chances are he’ll get so drunk that he’ll probably end up buying you a few drinks.

Either way, if you’re looking to get wasted mid-week, he’s your go-to guy.

Brother’s

He or she is your average college student at Iowa – a die-hard Hawkeye fan who never misses a Thursday night at mug club.

If you get hammered with them, they might even bust some moves out on that dance floor.

Blue Moose 

She is a total concert-goer who’s hobbies include: hula-hooping, smoking weed, thrifting, and drinking craft beer.  She recently went to Electric Forest for the first time and can’t stop raving about it. Her favorite artists include Bassnectar, Flume, Flux Pavillion, Big Gigantic, and Odesza.

All in all, she’s a pretty chill girl and one of the best ones to go to a house night with.

Pints

He is a recent graduate at Iowa.  He plans to work in Iowa City for a year and then hopefully attend graduate school.

He usually doesn’t go out till around 10 or 11 pm, but will always stay till 2am close and bring it down with a sing-along to Sweet Caroline.

Plus, you’re 90% definitely going to get a drink off him.

Union

She’s  your single gal pal who likes to get plastered almost every weekend and grind on as many dudes as possible.

Halfway through the night she’ll probably end up crying, throwing up, attempting to twerk on the “twerk wall”, or maybe even all three. Although she is a little bit of a hot mess, she’s hilarious on a night out. And she’ll definitely need you at the end of the night when some guy she made out with is trying to get her to go home with him.

That’s what friends are for, we’ve all been there.

Studio 13

Looking for a dance partner for the night? He’s your guy.

“Out-and-proud” and completely comfortable with his homosexuality, he is the most perky and up-beat person you know.

After sipping on some Cosmos, you guys will definitely head to the dance floor and tango until the cows come home.

Sport’s Column (SPOCO) 

He watches ESPN on the daily and is always up-to-date on the latest football news. Looking for a mate to go to the bar and watch the game with? He’s your guy.

His enthusiasm and knowledge of sports always makes for a good afternoon of chugging back beers and screaming at the TV.

So no matter which one of these characters you choose to go out with, you’re guaranteed a hell of a time.

University of Iowa