A goat has escaped the research park and everyone’s looking for it

Goats gone wild

The University of Iowa research park out by Lake McBride has been missing one of their own for the past week. One of their own goats.

The Animal Resources officers have been looking high and low for this cream with white Waldo every day since it escaped.

Many people have seen the goat in various places including as far away as the Coralville Dam. The researchers have been researching the area and have been lead to believe that the furry Carman San Diego is somewhere in North Liberty, around 12th Avenue.

Most sightings have been in residential areas in backyards and on back porches.

You’ve goat to be kidding me

The goat has been missing since early Friday morning, and is said to be looking for somewhere where it can find food in shelter.

It has been described as a male, cream-and-white goat, weighing about 125 pounds, and appearing about the size of a small deer.

Recently PETA, an animal rights activist group, has mailed a letter to President Bruce Harreld to accuse UI of failing to ensure the people who worked with the goat were qualified in handing and transferring it. They added it was against a section of the Animal Welfare Act.

You could say this goat is G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) at hide and go seek. You can also follow along with the recently created @UofIGoat Twitter account.

University of Iowa