We’re too highbrow for a headline joke about getting Baked!

Damnit — well, we tried

If you are a Hoosier or a B-town dweller, you should know about this place called the Baked! of Bloomington. Custom made cookies is their famous specialty — that and having a name that raises eyebrows when overheard in public.

Cookies are good enough a reason to visit any place, but this place is even more special. You can pick out your dough and toppings and they will create the most heavenly cookies for your pleasure.

And it’s not just the cookies that are unique. The ambiance is also really quirky and charming. I am a true patron and feel  it’s my moral responsibility to let everyone know about this wonderful establishment.

I go there often to treat myself after a big paper deadline or exam. But hey, you can go there whenever you want to treat yourself. After a bad breakup to reaffirm your love for cookies or for a great date. 

So here are some reasons why you should go to Baked! of Bloomington.

Picking toppings for your perfect cookie is deliciously fun

You can choose whatever you like. In that moment you can feel powerful. You are the master of your cookie destiny. When I order marshmallows toppings with chocolate dough, I feel like a master chef with amazing taste.

Many a time, I have been there with my friends and we all bet about whose choice is going to be the best one. I can’t tell you how many times I have won those bets. You’ve got to log a lot of hours to become an expert.

Too many choices to make, so get adventurous and creative

The ambiance is like no where else, guaranteed

If you are one of those people who cares about the ambiance more than — or at least as much as — the food, Baked! will not disappoint you in that department either. Every corner is a surprise with quirky, fun local art pieces. You can dwell in some artwork while you wait for your cookie.

Every corner is so artistic, colorful and fun — a mix of quirky, intriguing fun pieces of art

You too can create art!

What’s interesting about these art pieces, is they are made mostly by the people who work there or the artsy loyal customers who love the place. There are so many boxes decorated by the customers, each with their own unique style.

You can pick up one of the plain boxes and create something while you wait or take it home and bring back. They will surely put that up on the funky wall! And if you are not that artistic, but fun and sporty, you should pick up the chalk and see what you create. Just give it a go — chalk isn’t permanent.

Both the employees and customers contribute to these cool artsy box collection

You can unwind with some ‘you time’

If you want a quiet, inviting place to enjoy your cookies and spend time by yourself, you can pick up a book from the eclectic collection of books in one corner and indulge in some soul searching. You can bring your own book or laptop and read or get some work done instead of being cooped up at home. It’s so cozy. Is cozy not reason enough?

I vote for Twilight — yes I am mushy

They have games

If you are going there with your date or friends, another fun thing you can do here is take advantage of all these board and card games. After all those papers, exams and work drama, you deserve a doze of fun. You could bet cookies for the game — only if you’re confident lost cookies won’t lose you friends.

It’s reasonably priced

It’s not going to burn a hole in your pocket. Sure, it’s got great choices for the menu, quirky and fun ambiance. But is totally affordable, too. You could get the discounted deals. Like the reduced fee “slush” cookies made from combining the leftover dough. So it’s sustainable, cheaper and a fun surprise. Even the regular menu prices are decent.

You could pick multiple varieties for a single order and it’s a great option for people who like to mix things up.You get one variety in three, two varieties in six cookies and three in thirteen. Whenever I can’t decide what I like, I end up taking two varieties like chocolate and sugar to satisfy my taste buds.

And here’s some insider info — if you show them a Monroe County Public Library card, you will get an added discount.

Check out the daily deals apart from the regular menu items.You can also go on Hookd for deals.

I haven’t even mentioned exactly how delicious the cookies are

Most importantly, the cookies are so freaking good. Straight out of the oven, these cookies are so fresh and yummy that you will fall in love with them and this place.

Also, apart from the customized cookies, you could also order some of the cookies that are already prepared and ready. Most of the standard choices like chocolate chip cookie are available to pick up on the spot. And if you wan’t these delicious treats right at your doorstep, we all know you can call them for delivery.

Follow them on social media for daily deals, menu items and yummy cookie pictures

Check out this Facebook Page for info. If you want to know the history and all kinds of FAQs about the store, visit their website.

They are a cool bunch — the owner, Jeremy, with staff Alex, Kendra and Zach

I have given you enough reason to try this place out. It’s definitely a place to experience as a Hoosier. On a beautiful day you will find so many of IU students lined up for their orders.

So if you are a cookie lover like me, you will definitely love this place. This place is a great solution for those in need of some sweet, sugar therapy.

Hang out with your squad, order some cookies, play some games, sketch some fun things and enjoy the cookies.

IU