Bernie Sanders is coming to UIUC tomorrow

The event starts at 11am

If you are a fan of Bernie Sanders, tomorrow, March 12th, is the perfect opportunity to show your support. This official event will be held in the University of Illinois Campus Activities and Recreation Center (the ARC). Doors open at 11:00 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Although tickets are not required and it is a free event, Bernie’s campaign website strongly encourages an RSVP. The link to RSVP will be listed below.

This event will encompass issues including making public colleges and universities tuition-free, removing the influence of “big money” out of politics, climate change and ensuring universal health care. With the Illinois primary election being held this upcoming Tuesday, March 15th, a rally at the largest public university in the state could draw a lot of attention towards Sander’s campaign.

The Illini for Bernie organization is thrilled to have Sanders on campus and has done hours of work to prepare for his arrival. Rose Rodriguez, the Secretary of Illini for Bernie, told The Tab Illinois: “Me and President of Illini for Bernie, Matt Pasquini, were musing today about how our organization started out as us hanging out in his sublease in July watching Bernie videos.”.

The organization is ecstatic about having the opportunity to plan and arrange the event with Sander’s personnel staff this morning. Rodriguez explained that UIUC campus is perfect for a rally because our school is not only large and in a central location but also that our state is “rampant with budget cuts that are affecting many at this incredibly expensive school.”

Having Sander’s visit UIUC has involved hours of collaboration between the successful Illini for Bernie organization, secret service, facility management, the Illini Union Board, and many others. Rodriguez and the entirety of the Illini for Bernie said: “Rally-goers will feel the deep resonance with the issues senator Sanders brings up tomorrow.”

RSVP here on Bernie Sander’s official campaign to assure you are admitted into the event! See you there Illini.

Our live stream of the Bernie rally will be broadcast from our new political vertical Electoral College tomorrow starting at 10.50am.

University of Illinois