An AePi brother reacts to their Greekrank score

Their comments weren’t very nice

The quality of a fraternity or sorority is always an interesting, and sometimes sore, subject for students. Whether you’re in greek life or a GDI, an understanding of this massive part of college culture could improve your social navigation. The website Greek rank attempts to give students an open forum to vote on the quality of a sorority or a fraternity.

Based on a five star system, the site users are requested to rank a house in their school based on their looks, popularity, classiness, involvement, social life and brotherhood. The site uses these votes to rank the houses of any particular school from best to worst.

We sat down with Alpha Epsilon Pi brother Joey Marks and asked him to comment on his fraternity’s ranking. Joey was tasked with explaining why a stigma against his frat exists.

Joey doesn’t believe the site’s ranking is justified and wanted to clear up some misconceptions about his brothers.

All rankings were correct at the time of production

An earlier version of this article stated that AePi was the second worst fraternity at UIUC, while this was true at the time of writing, their ranking has now changed significantly.

University of Illinois