Hands of Harvard: ‘Women are devoid of space on a daily basis’

‘It’s my main problem since coming to Harvard’

Hands of harvard

Disclaimer: The ideas presented below are true and unadulterated testimonies from people at Harvard. All information presented is based on their personal opinions and views. Their identities have been kept confidential and all information is anonymous. If you are a friend or loved one of the interviewee and are able to recognize their identity, please respect the confidentiality of these intimate posts. It is possible that some information presented will be challenging, controversial, or triggering. If you are going to participate in the comment section, please be mindful of the emotions of the interviewees who have so graciously opened up for this project.

“My main problem since coming to Harvard has been a more profound understanding of how women are devoid of space on a daily basis. I have seen this in countless ways – it can be like micro-aggressions like you are at a party and you need to get by this larger guy and you say ‘excuse me,’ but they don’t move, instead they force you to rub up against them… You go to any frat, any final club, pretty much any party space regardless of what it is… you will not have a right to that space.”

Find out more about the new Hands of Harvard campaign.

Harvard