Let’s call time on these fake Facebook events

I’m not going to cry and eat bread on the floor, it’s finals

Over the past several weeks, a disturbing new internet trend has emerged: Facebook events that highlight how utterly alone we all are.

You know what I’m talking about. Listening to Drake and cryingWe all shapeshift into Matthew McConaughey at the same time. Make sangria and drink alone in your apartment while watching Beans from Even Stevens.

The list goes on. While people will do anything to distract themselves from finals, this needs to end.

It is an unnecessary shaming of people who actually do these things. They shouldn’t be embarrassed. They ought to be comforted. Their lives are obviously in a rough spot right now. Or maybe, they just really want to pet every single dog.

On a much more important note, it’s clogging up my events feed. How am I supposed to know the crying and eating bread on the floor isn’t real when it falls in the middle of reading period?

That sounds like something I plan on doing during that time anyway, so why wouldn’t I want to do it with other people?

So unless you want me knocking on your door with several loaves of challah, stop the madness now.

And just so we can put this all to rest, here were the best of this trend while it lasted. And let’s hear no more of it.

Harvard