When have you felt the most like a freshman?

First task is getting in, the second is getting around

You’ll see them wandering into classes they haven’t signed up for, trying to navigate Annenberg with a wild look in their eyes, or even asking what a pregame is.

As this year’s freshmen find their feet, we asked the class of ’19 when they’ve felt the freshest.

Welcome to Harvard.

Daniel, 18, Social Studies hopeful

“I was walking to Adams House and I had that classic tourist map. And these two people were carrying out a sofa, and I asked them where Adams House was and they were like, ‘You’re a freshman’.”

Joyce, 19, Philosophy

“I walked into a class on China, Film and Ethnography without knowing what ethnography was and realizing that everyone was either a senior or a junior writing their thesis on ethnography.”

Malvika, 18, Economics

“I still walk around with Google Maps sometimes. And also, I didn’t know what a pregame was.”

Bruno, 18, and Changseob, 19, Social Studies and Computer Science hopefuls

Changseob: “Every time I walk into a room and have to introduce myself, I feel so  freshman doing that.”

Bruno: “I feel very freshman right now after getting called out for playing too loudly on the bari.”

Diego, 18, and Sam, 19, Math hopeful and undecided

Diego: “During shopping week I was supposed to go to Sever 116, but instead I went to 161 and it took me 45 minutes to realize I was in the wrong class. Then I was too embarrassed to leave because there were only six people in the class.”

Sam: “The first conversation I have ever had with a Harvard professor, I called astronomy ‘astrology’.”

Max, 19, undecided

“The first day Annenberg was open and the line stretched far outside the door and nobody knew why.”

Hana, 18, Government

“I was filling out an application for a club and I had to fill in my dorm name instead of a house name.”

Jose Rafael, 18, Computer Science

“When I went to Annenberg and I asked someone who worked there where the ketchup was after thinking I had looked everywhere for it. How was I supposed to know it was next to the yogurt that day?”

Harvard