Everything that happened last week on the Hilltop

We said goodbye to Rhino and hello to finals

We kept tabs on everything that went down at Georgetown last week.

These were the highlights.

Georgetown Confessions is back

After one year of being MIA, it’s back and feistier than ever – just in time for finals procrastination. Watch out for love declarations, politically incorrect statements and plain absurdness. #sogeorgetown

RIP Rhino one last time

Less than a year ago we witnessed the closing of the legendary Rhino Bar and Pumphouse, home to the darkest and dirtiest secrets of hundreds of Georgetown students throughout history. If you didn’t have your freshman year DFMO there or weren’t almost sick from the vile smell of the upstairs room, are you even a Hoya?

This week we all shed one last tear as the iconic landmark was officially transformed into Club Monaco. As if Georgetown was in need of more high-end, tourist-attracting stores.

We celebrated the 4th Annual Winter Hoyaland

Nothing says Christmas like the annual tree lighting and our very own Santa breaking some moves in Dahlgren Quadrangle for the annual Winter Hoyaland.

‘Cuse was juiced

We banned all orange food on campus, we went to frighteningly excessive measures to get our hands on games tickets, and ultimately, we slayed our all-time rival. #Juiced

Take home message: sometimes silence is the best option.

Sexually frustrated students

And the ugliest building on campus just got a whole lot prettier. Right before you drown in the sorrows of finals and leave the hilltop for a month, Lau has given you the opportunity to make that first move and kiss that special someone.

Rain, rain go away…

We were thankful during break but ever so unthankful for the ice-cold rain that greeted us on our return to the Hilltop. What’s the point of cold weather and precipitation if it’s not snow?

Speaking of finals…

Approaching our last week of classes, finals are just around the corner. This can be a scary transition period for many Hoyas, as sleep is replaced by coffee and beds our replaced with 20 minute power naps on the lau 2 couches. This is one of many yaks that will sum up all of our feelings during this very special time of the semester.

Georgetown University