What you missed this week at Georgetown

Freshmen discovered the latest ‘chick magnet’

Just ICYMI and were hiding out in Lau, the Hilltop was very busy this past week

Our men’s soccer team slayed Creighton and Hofstra

Two big wins for the team this week, who ended victorious in the Big East Championship last Sunday against Creighton and advanced to the third round in the NCAA Tournament earlier today against Hofstra.

Freshmen discovered the latest “chick magnet”

This weekend we rejoiced the moment that forever changed the sexual potential of Freshmen Hoyas: the discovery of the aphrodisiac party back-pack. Aesthetically revolutionary and functionally offering plenty of room for roadie beers, go-card and… condoms. But freshmen men, never fear – Tinder says that Georgetown men are the most attractive in America. 

We felt the Bern in Gaston Hall (twice)

Our prestigious institution gave us the pleasure of bringing to our campus not only one Bernie… but also a second, more confused, Bernie. Loud cheers welcomed Mr. Sander’s doppelganger hours before the real deal even stepped on campus. On behalf of the majority of the student body who was locked out of Gaston Hall waiting in the rain: thank-you for giving us a fleeting, yet welcomed, taste of the #Bern.

The #Bern was also trending for a short-lived, proud moment on Facebook.

We reassessed Georgetown’s location and campus

Making the most of DC’s urban landscape? If you’re missing a more rugged environment the walls near the canal make for a fantastic rock climbing improv.

They weren’t kidding when they said Georgetown seniors have sweeter setups than your parents house back home. The real estate in the area is enough to make many students thankful on campus housing has become mandatory for the first three years.  

We were endangered and instantly rescued from an armed individual on campus

Cheers to the police for giving us a 1 am heart-attack and quickly rescuing us

We bid farewell to our Indian Summer  

The summer sunshine that had an unexpected comeback these past few weeks has finally bid farewell. And as our winter hibernation approaches, we can only pray for the endless “snow days” that we were blessed with last semester. 

Unexpected Fashion forecast: Barbour jackets and Hunter boots.

We gathered in solidarity with the victims of violence

At a time of universal morning, compassionate Hoyas gathered in front of Dahlgren Chapel in solidarity with the victims of Paris, Beirut, Baghdad and beyond.

Georgetown University