The Class of 2016 NEEDS Bradley Cooper as commencement speaker

Why the French-speaking, Hoya-blue eyed alum would own it

Bradley Cooper is arguably the best looking person to have ever passed through the gates of Georgetown.

But there is SO much more to this petition than those dreamy, Hoya-blue eyes.

And 183 Georgetown students understand this, singing a petition on Change.org to support “Bradley Cooper for Georgetown Graduation Speaker 2016.”

Students have left comments on the petition this week, urging their support to bring Bradley to campus in the spring.

One student, Amy Mardis, wrote: “I’m signing because I would love to hear about life after Georgetown from a successful Georgetown alum!”

A Georgetown mom from Dallas, Texas, commented: “My son is graduating from the Business school in 2016! Would love for Bradley Cooper to speak!”

And other students realized just how life-changing a speech from the dreamy actor would be.

Georgetown was Bradley’s dream school from the minute he stepped on campus in 1993. Despite an initial rejection, he transferred from Vilanova in his sophomore year and joined the honors English program.

Brad Cooper, as he was known at college, rocked a man-bun and the fiercest determination Red Square has seen since Bill Clinton’s 1967 campaign for Student Body President.

Cooper found his calling when he performed in Dangerous Liasons, but he contributed far more to our school than his incredible acting talent alone.

Not only did he use his time studying abroad in France to become fluent in the language, but he was also a dedicated and inspirational member of the Georgetown Men’s Heavyweight Rowing team.

In an interview with Esquire, his former coach told how Cooper’s drive for greatness was unimaginable. Cooper never accepted defeat, and never stopped striving towards his best.

The coach said: “That determination of his — nobody should ever underestimate that.”

Today, he is not only the biggest actor of our generation, but also a tremendously talented producer and avid philanthropist- particularly for gender equality.

Cooper might not be an esteemed politician or diplomat, as is typical for graduation speakers, but his internal fire of perseverance and betterment is characteristic of all Hoyas, and what better to launch us into the world than that?

Georgetown University