Every Facebook group FSU students need to join

Free food, mostly free rides, and endless opportunity

You go on Facebook in between classes, during class, and when you just need some form of entertainment, so as a Florida State student, you should be making the most out of it. These are the best accounts to make friends, sell your least prized possessions, and see what is going on around campus. Be sure to follow these groups to make the most out of your time at FSU.

Your class group

These groups, depending on what year you graduate, are best for insider tips on what is happening and where. There are so many reasons to follow this page, as it gives you job opportunities, subleases for apartments (as well as potential roommates), things that are going on around or near campus, and many others. This is the best way to stay connected to your fellow students and will always keep you updated on the latest happenings. Whether you’re a freshmanSophomoreJunior or Senioryour class page is a must-follow.

Free Food at Florida State

It is not an unknown fact that we are college students, and therefore most of us are broke. It’s a fun way to live, each day hoping that we’ll find some food, anywhere really. That’s were the free food comes in. This group is literally a lifesaver for all of us who are either too lazy to cook or just used up their weekly allowance (most likely at some club). This is the place where students help students and tell each other what is going on around campus and what foods are being served. It’s a great way to feed off people (literally). Check out the link here.

FSU Textbook Exchange

This group is exclusively for selling and/or trading textbooks, calculators, and the dreaded (and expensive) iClickers. It is an easy way to check up on a book you may need for the following semester as well as to sell a book you don’t need anymore. It helps you save money for textbooks, especially the ones exclusively for FSU students, instead of going to the expensive bookstores on campus.

FSU carpool groups

If you’re in need of a ride home or to a rivaling school- we’re looking at you UF – look no further than the FSU carpool groups. This is the best way to travel on a budget because all you have to do is chip in for gas and maybe buy some snacks if you’re feeling extra generous. FSU has students from all over, so it isn’t too difficult to find a ride as long as you’re paying good enough attention. It’s a fun car ride and if you’re into meeting new people and sharing snacks and stories, this is the group for you.

Tally Nights

In case you’re sitting down on a Friday or Saturday night, and looking to get out of your comfort zone for a great time and possibly some foggy memories, look no further than the Tally Nights page on Facebook. While it’s not per say a group, it still gives you information on what is going on and what deals are being held for the clubs and bars. It features Tabu, Coli, and RoKBaR, as well as some other fun places that give you the best deals and free club entrances for the night.

FSU Craigslist

Buying and selling things have been made so much easier thanks to this group page. The fact that the group revolves around FSU and Tallahassee residents means that we no longer have to go to the UPS store to send things you are selling or receiving. Because now people can bring things to you or vice versa. It is a great way to sell your textbooks, find a decently priced car, and maybe get some new shoes with sometimes very flexible prices. Take a peek, because you might realize you have been going through your whole life without a “Spears Out for Harambe” shirt and realize you need one immediately.

The Tab Florida State

Last but not least is the The Tab’s very own FSU page. In case you’re eager to read about any news going on around Tallahassee or want to get some culture on “Every Reason it’s Not Acceptable to Wear UF Gear on FSU’S Campus” then look no further than our page. This is the best way to get informed and read articles that will actually catch your eye.

No matter what you do on Facebook during your free time, this is another way to stay involved on campus and figure out what to do with your spare (but very limited) time.

Florida State University