A guide to the perfect Tallahassee Fall

Get pump(kin)ed

Unfortunately, it does get a little chilly in Florida, but that only means it’s time to pull out cute boots and flowy scarves! Get your friends together – or maybe make your boyfriend take you – and experience a perfect Tallahassee fall!

Get PUMP(kin)ED

The leaves in Florida might not turn those beautiful shades of red, orange and brown, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on fall. All around Tallahassee you can find pumpkin patches such as the one at First Presbyterian Church or the one out by Trader Joe’s. There, you can find an array of pumpkins ranging from the size of baseballs to bigger than bowling balls, from shades of white to orange. And best of all: the pumpkins are reasonably priced. Everyone is be “ballin’ on a budget” in college, so it’s great to know that there are reasonably priced places to get the real autumn feel. Also, if you  love to take cute pics (because who doesn’t) they have a great picture spot surrounded by pumpkins and hay bails.

(Pumpkin) Spice up your life

Everyone loves The Sweet Shop. It’s basically on campus, it’s reasonably priced and it’s a great place to study or to meet up with friends. Unfortunately, I can’t drink a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte due to all the caffeine in it, so a Chai latte is always my go-to drink, hot or cold. One of The Sweet Shop’s best Chai lattes is called Halloween. It has pumpkin spice chai in it with some extra pumpkin seasoning, and for the month of October, they’re making it dirty by putting in free shots of expresso if you do need a caffeine boost.

Talloween

Get ready to be scared out of your mind! Throughout the month of October in Tallahassee, visit the Terror of Tallahassee Haunted House. Tickets are sold at the door and are reasonably priced – again, college kids on a budget. It has awesome reviews and I can’t wait to go in a few weeks. Also, go on a Walking Ghost Tour in Downtown Tallahassee and be prepared to experience Tallahassee nightlife like never before. If you don’t want to go too far off campus, Tallahassee is opening up an Escape Room about 2 blocks off campus. This may not be the scariest thing to do, but it definitley is a thrill. (If going out for some boos is too scary for you, stay in with your friends and pop in a scary movie!)

FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! WOOO!

What is fall without football games? Game Day is every Nole’s favorite day and this is the only time of year that it can be celebrated. My first home game was one of the best days of my freshman year and I would never pass up on a game day experience. I may not understand football, but I have amazing friends with me to cheer on the ‘Noles.  Like every sports team we win some and we lose some, but the score doesn’t matter because we love our school. Tailgates and good company are Game Day essentials, so gather some friends and support Florida State. Also, student tickets are free and who doesn’t love free things?

Florida State University