Every type of person you see in the FSU student section

You’re the one who doesn’t know anything about football aren’t you?

Nothing compares to being in the student section at Doak and seeing the wave of tomahawk chops throughout the stadium. As a freshman you fight for those student tickets so you can stand in the student section and feel the immense energy you wouldn’t have gotten if you went to school anywhere else.

Time passes and you’re still rushing at 5pm on Tuesday to get your tickets and the smell of corndogs and funnel cakes never gets old. You feel at one with everyone in the stadium, even those at the student section.

At every game there are always certain people you know you’re going to see. Some are drunk, others are lost, but they’re all ‘Noles.

The drunkies 

These will be the people standing around you constantly saying “Oh my god bro, I’m so faded” or “I don’t even know how I drank so much.” Well yes you do, Brad. You and Marco were shotgunning all those Nattys and forgot that it’s a marathon – not a sprint. Depending on their level of sobriety they might be the ones sitting on the stands or asking their friends how they got to the game. People even loose their stomachs, so prepare yourself for the splash zone.

The fighter

This guy was literally screaming at everyone. Like why?

This person will be one of the most aggressive people you meet in a realllyyyy long time. They rather start a fight than watch the game, and nothing will stop them until they feel they might get punched in the face. I have witnessed fights, broken up fights, and have almost fought with the most annoying and attention seeking fans. They will stop at nothing to get you to yell back, so just put on a nice smile and tell them to go “fuck themselves.”

The lovebirds

There will always be a couple who are tied at the hip during the game. They will jump up together, they will sit together, they will hold hands and clap as if they are playing patti cake. They are only with each other and don’t have any friends around them (I wonder why). They will kiss after every play and will completely make-out if we make a touchdown.

The person going in & out of the stands

This person will be the one sitting farthest to your right, but will constantly be leaving the stands to go get food in order to come back and realize that they forgot they wanted to buy a water bottle. They will be consecutively disrupting you and forcing you to maintain your balance as they are back and forth. You will memorize their voice, due to the many times you’ve heard them say “excuse me.”

The loud phone talkers

This person lost their friend half an hour ago at Heritage Grove and is still looking for them. This person can also be a group of people all yelling at their phone and raising their arms to get the attention of their friend who is meeting them at the game. They will also sometimes FaceTime their mom or their friend who couldn’t get a ticket to the game. How they have service beats me, as I can’t even post a snap until I leave the stadium.

The one who doesn’t know anything about football

“Hey do you know what’s happening?” we asked to the dad sitting behind us

This person will be the one who claps and happily yells when we fumble the ball. They will also be coat tailing everyone when it comes to yelling angrily. They will wait to see the reactions of everyone before they speak and will be asking everyone around them what happened. They are the people who go to the game to then post on social media that “they were there.”

‘Let me in coach!!!’

This All-Star football player would be the person who cannot stand still and is letting everyone know that they can play better than any player on the team. They will be bitching the whole time that the ref is making a gazillion mistakes. These people aspire to be Dalvin Cook and pray that they will one day be Jimbo.

Depending on the game and what time of day it is, you can fall into any one of these categories. Just pray that we win and embrace the tomahawk chop.

Florida State University