Everything you need to have the perfect game day

Eat, drink, repeat

It’s a Saturday in Tallahassee, the Florida State Seminoles are on the path to victory, and you’re about to have an amazing game day. If you aren’t sure what to do, look no further- here is a comprehensive guide on everything you need to have the perfect day.

Your ‘Nole themed outfit

Everyone (and I mean everyone) who goes to an Florida State game will be in Garnet and Gold and dress for the occasion. Dressing for a game day can range from jean shorts and a tank top, to a nice burgundy dress and cowboy boots. Regardless of where you end up going, as long as you’re wearing the right colors and showing your Seminole Pride, nothing is out of style.

Have a game plan

Game days in Tallahassee are insane. If it’s a home game, you have to allocate time to go tailgate hopping, get to the stadium, and try to get good seats before the game starts. You have to make sure you and your friends are on the same page, so everyone goes where they want to. If you are sticking to one place, then this technically doesn’t apply to you, but if you and your friends want to tailgate in all the frat houses on campus, hit every place in Heritage Grove and try to make it to the stadium on time, you might have to rethink your plans.

The perfect tailgate 

Photo: Carolyn Bernucca

Maybe you don’t want to stand outside the stadium all day until the 7 pm game, or maybe tailgating at a frat house is not your style, you can plan your own tailgate! If people can drink booze and munch on some Lays, your tailgate is already a success. After, you and your invitees can walk to Doak and watch the game or if you have a TV you can watch the game right at the party!

A good place to watch the game 

So you forgot to get your home game tickets the day they dropped, or maybe it’s an away game and you want to stay in town. From day drinking at your apartment to hitting up all the parties, you have to make sure that where you decide to go is fun. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard people say that they were “forced” to go somewhere they didn’t want to be. If you don’t want to spend your time hanging with people you don’t care about, find another place! There are so many events happening, and so many people you can tag along with. You don’t need to be stuck somewhere you don’t want to be.

Eat, drink, eat, repeat 

Game days are filled with nonstop partying in the hot, Florida sun. You don’t want to pass out and you for sure don’t want to spend your whole day with an empty stomach. Drink plenty of water (it’s a marathon, not a race) and make sure that you eat a hearty breakfast, take a break and walk to Taco Bell during the day, or bite the bullet and buy the overpriced stadium food. If you don’t stay hydrated, you won’t make it through the day.

All you can hope for is a fun Seminole football season and that the above advice came in handy! The reality, though, is that regardless of what happens during a tailgate, you need your phone, wallet, keys, and ticket. Without any one of those items, your day is going to be absolutely fucked. The most important part of a successful game day, though, is to make sure no matter what, you have fun.

Happy gameday, and Go Noles!

Florida State University