Everyone you saw the first week back at Florida State

Time to break out the lanyards

It’s fall semester at Florida State and we all enjoyed syllabus week before classes begin to crush our souls. While rushing to our first classes, here are some of the people you probably ran into along the way.

Someone from high school you want to avoid

Once you’re in college, you want to distance yourself from your annoying high school persona. However, there is always the chance a friend from high school will notice you walking around campus. These exchanges normally consist of awkward small talk about how you both need to hang out more often. Afterwards, you both think about how you plan to never speak to each other again.

Someone playing Pokémon GO

Syllabus week was prime time to take advantage of Pokémon GO while on campus. However, some players may get overly excited about all the possibilities a smartphone heavy campus offers. Last week, there were many Pokémon GO users getting in the way on their quest to catch them all. These players are easy to pick out because they randomly stop walking while looking down at their phone with little to no regard of those walking behind them.

Norts and oversized t-shirt

You can never go wrong with Nike shorts and an oversized t-shirt.  You will most likely see girls resort to this comfy outfit choice as the weeks pass. Usually, these brightly colored Norts are paired with the latest sorority t-shirt and messy bun. Similarly, during the first week of spring semester, the Norts will be traded in for leggings and white Converse high-tops.

Freshman with lanyards

At one point or another we  have all used a lanyard… and most likely you were a freshman. It also probably had a place to keep your FSU card. The ability to keep track of your new life away from home let alone your keys is difficult to handle. Therefore, during the first week at FSU, you always see freshman sporting the latest styles in lanyard fashion.

Someone wearing FSU gear

There is no better way to get ready for school than show your school pride with your Florida State gear. Chances are you saw a lot of people wearing their favorite FSU shirt and hat while walking to classes the first week. Everyone is excited to be back at our home away from home, and we like to show off that we go to the best school there is.

The friend of a friend whose name you forgot

Nothing makes you feel like more of an ass-hat than forgetting someone’s name when they remember yours. Throughout your time at FSU you’re going to meet so many different people and you’re bound to forget the majority of their names. However, this does not make it any less embarrassing when it happens. Usually, you laugh it off and say the excuse “I’m just really bad at names” to cover it up.

Enjoy campus while we’re still fresh and excited for the new semester. Soon, we will all be running off of coffee and no sleep.

Florida State University