FSU suspends strength and conditioning coach Vic Viloria following DUI arrest

He will miss a third of the season

On the eve of the season opener, the Seminoles already have a distraction.

Vic Viloria, the football team’s strength and conditioning coach, has been suspended following his arrest on August 27th. Viloria was arrested after blowing a .124 and a .125 blood alcohol level at 5am on his drive back home.

The coach has been suspended for a third of the football season, with the suspension running from Sept. 2 to Oct. 1. The suspension will cost the coach four games of the football season, including matches against Ole Miss and Louisville.

In a decision that will likely be scrutinized by many, Viloria was reportedly drinking with Showtime employees prior to his arrest. Back in July, Showtime announced Florida State would be subject of its series called “A Season with Florida State Football,” a weekly 30-minute show chronicling the Seminole’s football season.

The Tallahassee Democrat reported Viloria was drinking plentiful amounts of whiskey with the Showtime employees to celebrate the end of the preseason camp.

With Florida State constantly under the public eye, this will only cause more controversy and distractions to a team and organization that truly doesn’t need it.

“A Season with Florida State Football” premieres on September 6th on Showtime.

Florida State University