The 12 days of finals

Sleep is for the weak

The only good thing about Spring finals week is it means that summer is right around the corner, but it won’t come easily.

Anything goes this week. I could be sobbing in the fetal position in the middle of Stroz and people wouldn’t even bat an eyelash. It’s an unspoken pain that we all just kinda understand, but somehow we get through it every semester without actually dying(for the most part).

The time has come, Noles.

On the fist day of finals FSU gave to me…

12 cups of coffee

Caffeine is key. Until you start shaking uncontrollably because you haven’t eaten a real meal in days.

11 phone calls to your mom

Sometimes you need words of encouragement and a reality check that the world won’t end if you don’t pass a test, even though it feels like it.

10 nervously bitten nails

Any anxious habit that you think you’ve conquered will come back to haunt you during finals week.

Nine rain-dances to the storm gods

Florida doesn’t have the luxury of blizzards or snow days, so we have to rely on hurricanes and (sometimes) hail storms. Where’s mother nature when you need her?!

Eight trips to the Leach

Just kidding.  If you actually go to the gym this week you’ve successfully mastered the art of time management.

Seven mental breakdowns 

It’s casual. Take a 10 minute power-nap on Landis and move onto the next math problem.

Six finals memes

Your timeline is full of students trying to cope with the fact that they’re fucked. Internet memes are always there to let you know you’re not alone.

Five contemplations of dropping out

Pro tip: keep your advisor on speed dial

“That’s it this is the last straw I’m done with this place” I say after my pencil runs out of lead for the third time. It’s the little things.

Four hours of sleep

Clearly Caro is winning

It’s a fun game called “how long can I go without sleep before delusions start?”

Three visits to the HWC

Maybe if I fake an illness and get a doctor’s note my teacher will feel bad and give me an A! Yes, college professors are so understanding like that…

Two eye bags

The look of exhaustion is a year-round look for me.

And finally, when all is said and done and grades are in…

One well deserved day of Netflix binging

I’m currently in the middle of Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, and a bunch of random animes. The withdrawals are SO real.

The real thing to remember during finals week though is to not stress yourself out to the point of total insanity. A little stress motivates you, a lot of stress drains you. Take a deep breath, try your best, and walk out knowing there’s nothing left for you to do.

Motto for the week: “C’s Get Degrees”

Florida State University