Jalen Ramsey goes #5 overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars

How Jalen’s illustrious collegiate career led him to the NFL Draft and how he fits in with the Jaguars

First and foremost, congratulations Jalen!

Jalen Ramsey finishes his collegiate career with an incredible amount of awards, including two time All-ACC First Team, a consensus All-American, and a candidate for the Jim Thorpe award, an award given to the best defensive back in the country. Jalen finished the 2015 season with 52 tackles, 10 pass break-ups, one sack and one fumble recovery. Although only accruing three interceptions in his FSU career, he consistently played lockdown defense to whoever he was assigned to.

Jalen Ramsey’s ability to blitz off the edge, contain the running game, and ability to shut down a team’s #1 or #2 receiver caused his draft stock to skyrocket. His flexibility allows him to play multiple positions and wreck havoc on offenses. Jalen’s trash talking and confident attitude led many to see flashes of former Seminole and NFL legend Deion Sanders, the highest praise a defensive back could receive.

In Jacksonville, expect Jalen to play at safety for the Jaguars. Jaguars are getting Dante Fowler Jr. back from injury last year to rush the passer, so this pick makes sense for the Jaguars to boost their pass defense. The Jaguars desperately need a safety and they get one in Jalen Ramsey. They will need him because of cornerback Aaron Colvin’s 4 game suspension due to violation of the NFL’s drug policy.

The Jaguars lacked speed, physicalness, and talent, something they get all in one guy in Jalen Ramsey.

Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports

Florida State University