The best places to cry on and off campus

We’ve compiled a list of the places where you can shed those Tally tears freely

On Campus

4th Floor Honors and Fellows Building

Lots of people are familiar with Chick-fil-A but I’ve only found a few who are aware of this gem just floors above them. The giant window wall will give you the perfect view of people happily living their lives on campus while you shed a few tears.

Pros: Quiet, Pretty, Few Distractions, Chick-Fil-A right downstairs to replenish after your crying session

College of Medicine Courtyard

Sure there’s Landis, but who wants to cry where everyone can see? This courtyard is perfect at any time of day, but when the sun is out is the best time to naturally dry your tears.

Pros: A mini cafeteria that serves Starbucks, more secluded than Landis

Cons: Bugs (unfortunately that comes with the territory of being outdoors), weather permitting, but then again what’s a little rain compared to your flood of tears?

William Johnston Building

As an ICT major I’m always in this building, so it surprises me every time someone says they’ve never been inside. Aside from being one of the prettiest and most modern buildings on campus, it’s also six stories of private crying spots. There are rentable rooms that give you a nice quiet space to drown in your sorrows and the other floors have the comfiest chairs to curl up in a ball.

Pros: Food nearby (Rising Roll and Chick-Fil-A are literally right across the way), Comfortable chairs
Cons: Lots of stairs, your sobs may or may not echo through the building

Goldstein Library

A library, I know, how original. Except this library is not like any of the other libraries on the campus. Those libraries are for mature, adult, college students who enjoy libraries that contain big adult books; this library is filled with all of your childhood faves. Catch a hint of nostalgia as you avidly avoid any real work. As for finding the perfect spot to cry, this library features multiple cubbies where you can curl up.

Pros: Fun puzzles to destress, “beds” to cry on

Testing Center

I think this may actually be the best place to cry. By strategically placing yourself in front of the testing center doors as you cry to your hearts content, no one will be able to get in and you can successfully avoid your exam (not recommended).

Pros: Don’t have to walk far to get to your exam

Off Campus 

Au Peche Mignon

If you’re a fan of pastry’s then you’re in for a treat here. Au Peche Mignon is a French bakery located off the beaten path. With amazing macaroons and coffee as well as a cute French café atmosphere, it’s a nice place to sob as you stuff your face with amazing French cuisine.

Pros: Macaroons, Food in general, Coffee

Litchgate on High 

If you’ve never been, this surreal fairytale cottage tucked away on High Road is one of the perfect places to let some tears loose.

Pros: Feel like you’re Cinderella crying for her fairy godmother
Cons: Your fairy godmother doesn’t exist and you’ll just be crying under a gorgeous tree

Your fave Tally Coffee Shop

Tallahassee offers a variety of coffee shops – if you’re a coffee fiend, you’re bound to find the perfect one to cry it out in. Don’t have a favorite spot? We’ve already made a list of the best coffee shops in Tally to help you out.

Florida State University