All of the reasons that West Palm Beach, Florida is the best place to grow up in the whole of America

Every day is a beach day

The definition of “hometown” is: the town where one was born or grew up, or the town of one’s present fixed residence. Everyone comes from somewhere whether they loved it or not. It is still considered your home. I’m from West Palm Beach, Florida, and I would like to think it is one of the best places to grow up.

There are many reasons as to why I loved growing up in West Palm but that list would be way too long for this. Everyone has to be tied back to something. Knowing where someone came from can help you know them better, so here’s a look at me.

In West Palm, there are beaches all around you. Over the bridge is Palm Beach which has the prettiest beaches I have seen. It is usually sunny in Florida (obviously) so everyday is a beach day. Sometimes my friends and I would go straight to the beach after school when we got out early.

West Palm Beach is famous for just about everything

Its beach, large houses, restaurants, beautiful views, etc. I mean Estee Lauder had a house in Palm Beach as well as Gigi and Bella Hadid’s stepfather, David Foster. Donald Trump’s hotel, Mar a Lago, is also on Palm Beach. The trees right when you get on the island have been featured in many photos because they are so beautiful.

Just about everyone has a boat

Going on the boat can never be boring there is always something to do. You can tan, play catch, drink, do water sports, or stop at the sandbar. It is always endless fun and the best is when you go out on the boat and watch the sunset. (Here’s a picture of me kneeboarding. I killed it.)

Everything is a drive away

Some people hate to drive especially long distances; well that is never really a problem in West Palm. Everything is so close whether it be a restaurant, beach, or even a friends house. The farthest I have had to drive to get to a friend’s house is about 30 minutes.

There is always something to do

Whether it be going to a baseball game, bowling, a party, or club on Clematis street life is never boring here. My family and I went to an air show near us because why not? It was actually really cool to watch and loud of course.

The food is amazing

There is such a large range of restaurants from nice to fast food. Whatever you’re craving can always be fulfilled because of the variety of restaurants.

SunFest

It is a art and music festival that has featured major music artists such as Paramore, Fergie, Ellie Goulding, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, The Fray, Big Sean, and a lot more. This year Steve Aoki and G-Eazy are performing so it is going to be a lot of fun. Some people complain about the artists coming every year, but the joke that many people say to them is that they will be too drunk to even watch the performers anyways. It is the week that residents of West Palm, especially high school students have been waiting for the whole year.

Ellie Goulding at SunFest

After reading this I hope you can understand why West Palm Beach is amazing. Hopefully you will also have decided where you want to go on your next vacation.

Florida State University