University Trails employee shot after apparent leasing dispute

Officers say one individual has been shot at the apartment complex

University Trails was closed for several hours due to a shooting incident this afternoon.

Around 4:40 pm the Tallahassee Police Department were called to University Trails on West Tennessee Street. A caller told police they heard gunshots coming from the leasing office of the building.

The caller reported a man walked into the leasing office of University Trails and opened fire. The suspect has not been named by police but Tallahassee Police Department spokesman Officer David Northway has confirmed an University Trails employee was shot several times. The individual was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but is expected to survive.

The suspect reportedly committed the act of violence in retaliation of his girlfriend’s recent interaction with the office. The girlfriend was brought into the office to be notified of her termination from the leasing office. After the meeting was over the suspect walked into the leasing office and started shooting.

TPD arrived on the scene and arrested the shooter and took him into custody. Officer Northway has stated more information will be released on Wednesday.

Florida State University