How to take the perfect campus photo

Mom and Dad need a new picture to put on their coffee table

Parents love to see their kids succeed and they love to know their money is being spent well. If you’re the kid who constantly and consistently is asking Mom and Dad for money because of that $100 bar tab last Thursday at Potts, then we’re here to help.

Florida State is a place to get a great education, yet it’s also a place to get a great deal of partying done.

We all have done it: You’re trying to save money, some friends invite you out, then next thing you know… you look at your bank account, and the balance is $60-$100 less than it was the night before. Although you may do some questionable things at FSU, make sure to emphasize the good things you do here so your family is happy.

Refrain from sending pictures in party settings

By showing Mom and Dad the ‘good’ you can easily cancel out the ‘bad.’

College costs thousands of dollars, yet in return we get beautiful buildings, straight-out-of-a-movie backgrounds, perfect landscaping, and amazing friends. They always say a picture is worth a thousand words so take a few perfect photos to send to your parents. I’m sure it’ll put a smile on their face.

Look out for some campus spots as your walking to class for the perfect background for a perfect photograph. Send them to your parents and it’ll help cushion the blow of asking for money or telling them your GPA.

Wescott Building

The Westside Courts (with the scenic brick buildings of Salley Hall in the background)

Make sure when taking the perfect photo to always smile. Mom doesn’t want to see a duck face and dad doesn’t want to see you and your “crew” posting up in the corner, so make sure to get a shot thats centered in the frame so you can show off your pearly whites!

To college students a photo may not seem like a big deal, but to a mom and dad who miss you, seeing their all-grown-up college kid doing fun things and being successful can mean the world.

Go ahead and make your mothers proud. With a simple photo you can make her forget about all your stories and grades you may not be so proud of.

Florida State University national-us