I’m Pakistani and I went to a Trump rally

The truth about what really goes down at Klan, sorry Trump rally

We’ve all seen the news lately, a day doesn’t go by where Trump isn’t mentioned. Trump this, Trump that, sometimes it feels like he’s already president.

So when I saw there was an opportunity to see him and his golden mane in person, I had to see this traveling circus show for myself. I got a few friends and hit the road to Valdosta, Georgia.

There were thousands of people there, people with babies, elderly in wheel chair, but they all had one thing in common, they were white. We were like Moses parting the White Sea. As I viciously fought to find parking, the first sight we saw were a group of African American students, nearly 40-50 of them, escorted off campus. My friend in the backseat joked, “If anyone ask, we support Trump, I don’t want to die tonight.”

Despite the glares, me and my buddies got in line overhearing comments like, “These god damn fucking brown people, why are they here?” Personally, I’m not a fan of profanity, but to answer their question I was there to learn more about Trump and his supporters, and my first impression was sub par.

Though in line we did meet some fairly nice people, like Ann from Jacksonville, mother of two who supports Trump for his success as a businessman, his outsider non-establishment background, and his loud mouth. Which is understandable, though her comment,  “Why did those blacks come? They always ruin everything” as the police escorted the students away, threw me off.

We sat through an hour of the “Trumpasaurus Rex” speaking, getting endorsement from the CEO of NASCAR and a few NASCAR drivers. His obnoxious voice echoed through the complex stating, “My whole life is about money. I want money, I want money.” Donald Trump we know your life is about money, that is why you’re running for president.

He also stated, “Christianity is under siege.” Riiiight, in a nation where 64% of the population attend a church congregation. And my all time favorite, “I have support of a lot of pastors… a lot of Christian leaders.” Especially the Pope right Donald?

But the real fun happened after the rally. We could smell the bigotry. We heard the hate. There was this lingering sense of white supremacy in the air. In the parking lot lies a bazaar of Trump merchandise, ranging from Trump scarfs to Trump condoms (which I am the proud owner of both items).

We started to interview people, asking of their thoughts on Trump. We got a variety of answers, but they all seemed to be a deeply patriotic group of people who wanted the best for our nation. But they were also so completely ignorant. But I have to give them credit for their creativity, Trump supporters carried signs that humored me. From “Dab for Donald” to “KFC Hillary Special: 2 Fat Thighs 2 Small Breasts 1 Left Wing.”

My experience there was better than expected. Though I did meet bearded lumberjacks who threatened my friend with a chokehold if he didn’t vote for Trump. Many of his supporters just wanted change and feel Trump’s the best option.

Trump, the racist, four-time-bankrupt, sexist, bigot man child.

Safe to say though Trump doesn’t have my vote.

Florida State University national-us