SGA election results: Congratulations to the Advance Party

The Vitality and Advance party have been going head on all week

Countless hours of campaign strategy as well as hundreds of campaigners on the streets of the campus. Banners were painted and created. Flyers were typed up and printed. Each party went all out when it came to social media.

On the 22nd the executive nominees sat down and participated in a debate in the audience of their peers.

John Russo of The Vitality Party and Nathan Molina of The Advance Party both had turns when it came to answering questions directly from the crown about their specific platform points. Treasurers and Vice President nominees from both parties both got to speak about their personal mission if elected and what they would continue to do if not elected.

Current SGA policies were discussed, including the current budget and what should and should not be allocated for the coming year. At the end of the debate both parties applauded and walked away with smiles on their faces and hope for the win.

Congratulations to The Advance Party on their victory

The Advance Party have come away with the win in this years SGA election.

The polls for voting ended at 9 PM last night. The final call yielded a victory for The Advance Party with a 64.3% win over the opposing Vitality Party.

Your new SGA president, Nathan Molina

Nathan Molina won the presidential nomination for the Advance party. Valerie Shallow won the Vice President nomination and Lee Gibson won the treasurer nomination for SGA. The voter turnout was the biggest yet with a total of 9,100 students.

What’s next?

The Advance party always told people while campaigning, “We’re more than just a political party here on campus. We’re actually a family.”

Standing in the room with emotional campaigners and even more emotional future Senators, you could sense the feeling of togetherness. Elected president Molina gave a heartfelt speech to his “family members” and looks forward to the challenges ahead. Molina will have a long year ahead of him.

Logistical results

Florida State University