Tau Kappa Epsilon and Omega Psi Phi suspended for alleged hazing

TKE made pledges serve drinks while acting as slaves, a former brother claimed

The Florida State chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon has been suspended by officials following reports of a hazing incident.

Allegations included driving pledges to places as far out as Thomasville and making them find their own way back to campus with no phone or wallet, having pledges serve the fraternity members drinks while acting as slaves, and stealing traffic cones forcing the pledges to clean them. All the accusations date fromĀ 2013.

The Grove

The anonymous brother who reported the incidents waited three years and graduated before reporting the events to Florida State officials.

Dean of Students Victoria Dobiyanski suspended the frat on February 3rd.

The Florida State chapter of Omega Psi Phi was placed on temporary suspension February 8th by the Dean of Students Departments after FSUPD receivedĀ a hazing report.

Dean Dobiyanski said: “Florida State University does not tolerate hazing and offers a number of anti-hazing programs and ways to report hazing”

This was not however the first time this specific chapter has been involved in an incident. Back in 2012 four of the fraternity members were charged with grand theft resulting in a suspension as well.

Florida State University