Best places to nap on FSU’s campus

Ever needed a place to nap on campus? Here’s a list of places to nap at Florida State

I walk outside on a typical Monday morning; the fresh air feels so nice and it’s a beautiful day, but…it’s Monday. I couldn’t sleep at all last night so I’m literally walking around like a zombie from The Walking Dead and the circles under my eyes makes it look like I applied permanent purple eyeshadow. Needless to say, I need a nap.

Living off campus is a pain sometimes: There’s no way I can drive 15 minutes back to my apartment to nap and make it to my class on time. To top it off, my friends are making me go out tonight, so there’s no way I’m going to manage unless I can find a spot on campus to snooze. If you feel my pain, here’s a handy list of the ten best places to nap on the FSU campus.

Moore Auditorium

Right by the union is a place to wind down before your next class. Moore auditorium has couches, so take advantage of them (no one else does).

Tully Gym couches

Get tired after working out at the Leach? Right across is Tully gym with couches to lay down on and close your eyes for a minute…or 30.

HCB couches, 2nd floor

Did you know there was a second floor to HCB? Well there is, and it has a couch area that’s ideal for a quickie nap.

Cawthon courtyard

Just like Williams courtyard, Cawthon is a nice place to lay out your blanket and chill. Coincidentally, they are very close to each other.

Strozier Library, 3rd floor

Ideal for anyone who’s looking for a quiet (read: dead silent) place to nap.

The chemistry building couches

Not many people are here during the day, so sit back and take a breather.

The bus

Take a free ride and let the bus soothe you to sleep. I promise, it’s so relaxing. Just don’t get stranded somewhere.

Williams courtyard

Bring out a big blanket and lay down in the shady grass of Williams courtyard. It’s a great place to listen to music and chill with your friends.

Courtyard behind Dirac

This is one of the most underrated areas at FSU. This place has an amazing courtyard with a fountain, so you can hear the soothing sounds of trickling water in the background while you lie on the grass.

Landis Green

This is by far the best, most beautiful place on campus. You can do homework, listen to music or, most importantly…NAP! Bring your hammock, set it up in between the trees, and chill the day away in the sun or shade.

Florida State University national-us