Casey Calvert interview: UF alum turned adult film star talks porn

She used her professor’s last name in her stage name

Casey Calvert is from Gainesville, Florida and attended UF in 2008 when she was 18 years old. She graduated from UF's College of Journalism and Communications, earning her bachelor's degree in telecommunications/production, with two minors in anthropology and zoology.

So how did a young girl with proven intellect and a killer academic resumé become an award-winning adult film star and recognized face and name in the industry?

???

A post shared by Casey Calvert (@caseycalvert) on Dec 5, 2017 at 7:50pm PST

In my interview with Casey, we talk UF, we talk porn. Here's your NSFW disclaimer, folks.

Were you a part of any sorority or organizations?

Not that I care to share.

What were your thoughts on frat boys at the time you attended UF?

I didn't really interact with many frat boys. It's not that I deliberately stayed away from them, that just wasn't my scene.

At what age did your interest in the porn industry spike? Why?

I became interested in porn too young to be interested in porn. But my interest really spiked in 2010. I was taking Professor Calvert's first amendment law class, and we learned that porn is protected free speech.

How did you progress into pornography?

I started working as a fetish model while I was still in college– I spent half of my junior year and all of my senior year traveling on weekends for shoots. Once I graduated, I wasn't exactly sure what to do, but I knew I loved modeling and decided to make the jump to hardcore porn.

Did it start off as pictures? Cam sites? Videos?

As a fetish model, I did all different kinds of fetishes, both photos and video, but never worked with other performers. Once I made the switch to porn, I started doing everything.

How old were you when you filmed your first porn scene?

I was 22.

Who was it with? How’d you feel before going into it and after?

It was with Logan Pierce. I was SUPER nervous beforehand, and felt great after.

How did you come up your porn name?

Casey comes from the letters "K" and "C", which are the initials of my celebrity crush's children– no, I won't tell you my celebrity crush. Calvert comes from Professor Calvert. He knows he's my namesake, and he's cool about it.

Where the girls are the fairest ?

A post shared by Casey Calvert (@caseycalvert) on Oct 7, 2017 at 10:38am PDT

What is your favorite and least favorite genre/category of porn and why?

I don't really have a favorite or least favorite. I like shooting all of it. I like the variation in what I get to do.

If you started porn while you were attending UF, did any students/faculty find out or recognize you?

I graduated before I started shooting porn, which is something I recommend for anyone who's thinking about getting into the business. Graduate first.

What awards/recognitions have you received for your adult film work?

I've received awards from all three of the big porn awards – AVN, Xbiz, and XRCO.

What was your favorite scene and why?

It's really hard to pick one favorite scene, but I absolutely loved shooting my first double anal scene for HardX. I worked with James Deen and Mick Blue, and I don't know if I've ever cum so hard in my life.

What other notable stars have you performed with/worked alongside?

I've worked with pretty much anyone you've ever heard of who's currently working.

What did your parents think when they found out?

I told my parents I was moving to LA to do porn before I moved to LA to do porn. This is also something I recommend to people interested in getting into the business — tell your parents first. They were really cool about it. They actually paid my first three months rent when I moved out here.

How old are you now? And do you still make videos?

I'm 27 now, and yes, I still make videos.

What are you doing currently in life now and where do you see yourself in the future?

I'm making all kinds of porn, running my custom porn business, and also doing some work on mainstream movies. In the future, I plan on doing more of the same awesomeness!

Have you received any backlash, and if so what is your response to the haters?

Backlash is par for the course as a porn performer. Honestly, mostly I ignore the haters. The "block" button on Twitter is my best friend.

University of Florida: UF