Beauty tips from Miami’s most talented makeup artist

‘I love playing with makeup, its like a hobby for me’

There is nothing wrong with wearing makeup. I see it as an accessory that enhances the beauty that’s already within.

Talia Talhami acquires a gift that tons of girls would die for. She is an aspiring makeup artist who has an eye for beauty. Talia was born in Los Angeles, CA and grew up in Miami Fl. 

Miami wasn’t as big on the makeup/glam scene like LA wasAfter taking trips back home to the West Coast, she realized how different the glamour scene was compared to Miami.

At the time Talia didn’t even wear foundation, only eyeliner and mascara. She saw the fascination her cousin and friends had for beauty and glam. This inspired Talia to start doing makeup herself, which shortly turned into her daily routine making it part of who she is today. 

“I just absolutely love to give tips on how to apply makeup or what makeup look should go with certain outfits or events. I especially love applying makeup on other people. I love the feeling of a friend or client completely satisfied and content with the complete finished look. It makes me so thrilled inside to know that they are happy with the results. Especially when they start to take a bunch of selfies right afterwards. It makes me smile and feel good to enhance someone’s natural look, they become so confident and feel like they can take over the world.”

She did my makeup once and I LOVED IT

When I hear the saying less is more I automatically think of simplicity at its finest. Light, simple, yet beautiful natural makeup. It’s the best thing, especially since I apply makeup everyday. Simple makeup is perfect for everyday use. 

Nude lipstick balances out the rest of my face, making my “glowy look” blossom in natural ways.

“Right now I’ve had my eyes fixed on this nude retractable lip liner from NXY, you can buy it at cvs or any other pharmacy. Its great for the season giving off a natural look. I recommend it if you’re going for a bronzy-summer look. In my opinion if you are pursuing more of a radiant look I think nude colors come off nicer instead of loud colors.” says Talia.

Tips I learned from Talia

• First I apply my L’Oréal infallible pro-matte foundation, a Demi matte finish 24 hour foundation. I bought this at a drug store for about $13, it’s where I buy most of my products.
  • Then I use a tarte concealer—Maracuja creaseless concealer, you can get this from stores like Sephora, Macys, Ulta, etc.
  • After my concealer, I apply Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder.
  • I bronze my face with a mineralized skin finish bronzer “give me sun” (Its perfect for a radiant contour giving off a glimmering glow)
  • I contour my nose and grab my Anastasia creme contour kit. I use the lightest shade that they have. Then I highlight with the Anastasia beverly hills illuminator “So Hollywood”
  • Finally, I apply this blush that I absolutely love from Too faced cosmetics. It’s a long lasting 16 hour from their collection love flush, called justify my life. Then of course my mascara or my falsies

University of Florida: UF