UF is the best school in Florida, the US and probably the world

It truly is great to be a Florida Gator

Gainesville has a little bit of everything

No one could ask for a more well-rounded experience like the one that UF gives us. UF is ranked number one academically in the state of Florida, is an SEC powerhouse across the board and has a vibrant social scene to top it off. Those three aspects combined give us a college experience unlike any other.

Gators are incredibly smart 

Ranked number one academically in the state of Florida by niche, U.S. News and more, UF is fun but also gives an incredibly rewarding education to its students. Our faculty is well-known nation wide, boasting 4,000 award-winning faculty members and even two Pulitzer Prize winners that work right here in the ‘Ville. Our students are pretty notable too; this year the average GPA of incoming freshman was a 4.3, with admissions only getting more competitive as the years go by.

Gamedays are like a national holiday

An average gameday at UF

Gamedays are comparable to Christmas in the sense that students look forward to them all year round. Those seven days out of the year that we get to wake up at 7, don our orange and blue to party all day, cheer on the Gators in the Swamp and celebrate (win or lose) all night long are the most memorable days of a UF students’ college life. With bounce houses, mechanical bulls, live music and more, one can have the time of their lives just about anywhere on a gameday. Plus, our football team had a record of 7-1 in the SEC this year, making home and away games all the more exciting.

One word: roadtrip

Never a dull moment on road trip

Speaking of away games, UF is home to one of the most exciting traditions of any college in the nation: roadtrip. Once or twice a year, fraternities rent busses that take hundreds of students across the country to cheer the Gators on in enemy territory. Just this past year we took our talents to New Orleans where we did gameday Bourbon Street style, an unforgettable experience in the heart of NOLA. A lost game was not nearly enough to deter us Gators from having the time of our lives in one of the biggest party locations in the nation.

Location is everything

Blue Springs

Gainesville is home to many natural getaways: Ginnie Springs, Payne’s Prarie, Devil’s Den and Rainbow Springs, just to name a few. These beautiful locations offer cheap fun for those that love the outdoors, and are some of the many reasons that it’s pretty hard to ever get bored in a town like Gainesville. Plus, fun beach towns like Daytona and St. Augustine are just a couple hours drive away.

Our social scene is alive and well

Despite being so talented when it comes to school and sports, Gators truly do know how to have fun. From fraternity parties to Midtown to live music at unique venues like The JAM and High Dive, any night is a going out night for students at UF. Not only is there always something going on, but there is something for everyone’s taste here in Gainesville, one of the many reasons UF is so great.

If it wasn’t obvious, UF gets an A+ when it comes to every aspect of college life. Gators go on to do great things, but not without the amazing memories they create during their time in Gainesville.

As we always say: it truly is great to be a Florida Gator.

University of Florida: UF