The must-attend Gainesville concerts in March

A sick Indie band is hitting up Gainesville

Here are the concerts you need to hit up ASAP

It’s a new month, meaning there’s a whole new batch of opportunities to see awesome live music in Gainesville. The Midtown scene is getting old and a change of scenery is certainly not a bad thing. Sure, Fat’s added a new sign, some cushions and a fence, but none of those things truly shape up in comparison to the unique group of artists coming to our college town in March. Without further ado, a small list of must see Gainesville concerts throughout the next month.

S.P.O.R.E., Flat Land and more

Saturday, March 12th at The JAM

S.P.O.R.E. and Flat Land are guaranteed to bring the funk to one of the very first concerts of the month at one of the most unique venues in Gainesville has to offer: The JAM. The music festival like atmosphere of The JAM is perfect for Flat Land, seeing as these Gainesville natives just came off an epic performance at the first ever Okeechobee Music Festival. If you missed them or simply want to get the funk down, be sure to check out these bands and more on March 12th. Find tickets here.

Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally

Saturday, March 19th at HIGH DIVE

While not specifically a concert, this Gainesville tradition is celebrating over three years of events in a big way. Admission is free to get delicious food at an affordable price and to see various local bands perform. This event is also a St. Paddy’s Day Celebration and proceeds will benefit UF Habitat for Humanity. Great food, great music all for a great cause. RSVP here.

(Photo Credit: HIGH DIVE)

PLAYGROUND feat. The Corbitt-Clampitt Experience, Eazybaked and SILO

Friday, March 25th at The JAM

This interactive, adult playground experience will bring music and more to the JAM. Featuring interactive games, art booths, food, and the JAM’s iconic sangria, PLAYGROUND will be much more than your average concert (which is all the more reason that you should go). The Corbitt-Clampitt experience will bring the soul inside, while Eazybaked performs what should be a memorable set out back. For just 10 dollars, you won’t want to miss it. Check out the event page here.

(Photo Credit: The JAM)

Of Montreal

Wednesday, March 30th at HIGH DIVE

This indie band is sure to bring a memorable performance to HIGH DIVE that will trump ladies night any day. Seen as “one of the most talked about shows of 2015 at HIGH DIVE”, of Montreal is guaranteed to put on a truly theatrical performance that will be talked about for months to come. Buy tickets here.

Ghastly

Wednesday, March 30th at Simon’s

For those electronic lovers out there, Ghastly will be making his Gainesville debut to close out the month of March. With his iconic, heavy sound and hard-hitting bass, Ghastly has been taking the electronic world by storm over the past year. His show is guaranteed to be captivating from start to finish and intense in the most rewarding of ways. This is one of the only club-like electronic shows of the month, making it a no brainer to skip ladies night and buy a ticket. Check out the event page here.

These are some of the best concerts coming to Gainesville this month, and they are by no means the only ones.

This article would be entirely too long if it listed all of them, but these events just scratch the surface of all the awesome groups coming to Gainesville in March. The local music scene of this college town is alive and vibrant, an untapped resource waiting to be taken advantage of by those who are sick of going to Midtown for the thousandth time. Step out of your comfort zone and check out just one of these events; you won’t be disappointed!

University of Florida: UF