We talked to man leading the anti-abortion rally today

Seth Drayer is the Director of Training for Created Equal

Are you curious about what’s going on in the mind of the man in charge of the anti-abortion displays today?

It’s just a casual Tuesday morning and you’re walking to class. Clear skies, the wind is blowing and we’re back to that great Florida weather. Then boom.

Graphic displays of aborted fetuses were strewn all over Turlington and Plaza, thanks to an organization called Created Equal. Their platform is all humans regardless of sex, race or age, are equal. According to them, abortion is ageism.

With plenty of volunteer workers and anti-abortion activists present, it’s clear they were not alone. The Tab was able to get a couple of minutes with Seth Drayer, the Director of Training and the person who arranged of the displays for the anti-abortion rally.

What brings you to UF?

“We want to bring awareness of this injustice to college students because this is the demographic that aborts the most babies. This week we’re on a justice ride, patterned after the Civil Rights Freedom Rides of the 1960s going to various campuses to bring attention to this horrible injustice. The Freedom Rides were used to bring attention to racism and and we’re using our Justice Ride to bring attention to ageism because unborn humans are no less human than you and I.”

Well, if they’re not living outside of a human body yet, than how do you consider these embryos and fetuses life?

“Your environment does not change who you are. Life is created at fertilization and not at birth. This is accurate based upon the science of embryology. Is this part of her body? No this is a distinct and whole living human being. Scientifically, there is no debate as to whether this is human. The unborn baby is living.”

The Florida primaries are coming up. Is there a specific candidate you think holds your values when it comes to abortion?

“Well, today we’re here to show the faces of the victims of abortion. We must first make it unthinkable and then work to make it unlawful. We’re not here to support a specific candidate but to show these images and let the victims speak for themselves. The faces of the babies on the signs are the faces that need to be seen today.

“Whatever candidate is going to do the best to prevent the 2900 children that are daily dismembered, disemboweled, and decapitated is going to get my vote and I haven’t decided which one that is yet. I think that abortion is the central issue and the defining moral matter of 2016.”

Was there any personal experience that inspired you to start doing this?

“During high school, I kept seeing stories about ending segregation and I wonder what I would have done. Seeing discrimination today makes me act. If I know that humans are being killed every day, and I’m not doing anything about it, I’m living wrongly. How you feel about abortion tells you if you think that all humans are equal or if you accept arbitrary discrimination.”

Is this issue purely principled or is there faith or religion behind it?

“Created Equal is not a Christian organization and I know many non-Christians who feel passionate about this issue. I, however, am Christian and not afraid to say it. I believe that all humans are equal because they are all made in God’s image, regardless of age. Whether these unborn babies are humans are not is not a religious question but a scientific one and the answer is that they are humans who cannot be killed at this level.”

After talking to Seth, we talked to some people who were engaging with the spokespeople for Created Equal and chose to remain anonymous but let us take a photo.

Essentially, their two main arguments with Seth were bundles of cells are incapable of life without another human. They were not considered human beings on their own and the pregnant mother is in charge of her own body.

College is a place designed for us to think, what did you think about this topic?

University of Florida: UF