How to have the perfect spring break

You don’t need a beach if you have a bed

After the stress of midterms and the first half of spring semester altogether, we all need a nice, unproductive break. If you are one of the lucky ones that will be traveling or lounging on the beach planning to have no recollection of the entire break after the bar has been opened, you don’t need any damn help.

If you are plan-less and looking for something to make your break awesome, here is the perfect formula:

Consume your weight in food

Maybe if I keep staring, more food will appear…

Alright, this is pretty self-explanatory. Food is a must. Get some popcorn, chocolate, everything. Since you don’t have to cease your eating marathons for class, it’s a nonstop food fest.

Get a bathing suit

The new and improved bikini

By bathing suit, I mean very large sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt. You can even play some soothing beach noises while staring at a picture of the ocean without the hassle of the heat and screaming children of the actual beach. Air conditioning wins every time.

Netflix, Netflix, Netflix

The true ‘Netflix and Chill’

If you don’t have Netflix or Hulu by now, it’s time to jump on the bandwagon. This is the best time to catch up on or start countless movies and TV shows while living vicariously through the doctors of House and the gods and goddesses of Friends. 

When in doubt, Netflix it out.

Do your homework…I guess

Work hard play hard

Bring home your homework and tell yourself you will definitely do it at some point and then get too involved with your TV shows, family, friends, pets, and eating competitions against yourself so you don’t actually do it.

That’s what stressful Sundays are for, right? If you need to raise your computer so you can lay down on your bed in a better position, a textbook will finally be put to good use on the break.

If that doesn’t constitute as a good break to you, it’s time to start calling up your beach friends ASAP because time is running out. To my plan-less friends, you’re welcome.

University of Florida: UF