Free pancakes until 7pm at IHOP

This is not a drill

Today marks National Pancake Day, and IHOP are celebrating by giving out freebies until 7pm tonight. And, yes they are completely free. You just have to show up and sit.

The ones closest to Emory are on Ponce De Leon Avenue and Clairmont Road. But, don’t just eat for free. Make sure to donate for a good cause. Donations are completely optional.

Every year on National Pancake Day, IHOP Pancake house around the nation gives out free pancakes. This has been an IHOP tradition since 2006, and this is its 10th year…even more of an incentive to go. IHOP uses this day to raise money and support for support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Shriners Hospital for Children and other nonprofit.

Since its establishment, IHOP has helped raise over $20 million for charities. Last year, they raised $3.5 million just from donations from customers, and they hope to surpass that number this year as well.

There are more than 1,600 IHOP locations in the world, and locations in the U.S., Mexico, the Phillippines and Canada participate in the fundraiser.

Nearly all U.S. stores participate in the promotion, excepting airport locations (sorry).

Take your friends and walk or Uber over to the closest IHOP. Do it before you are too late. It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so go get your breakfast for the day.

After all, there is never a wrong time for pancakes.

Emory