The ultimate secret spots on Emory campus

From secluded napping corners to bright study spaces, we’ve got you covered

The first week of college was eating at the DUC every day for me. 3 meals a day, 7 days a week seemed bad enough, and I didn’t see how I would survive the semester. Only later did I learn about the plethora of options Emory has to offer.

Wondering where to spend your time?

Here are some of my must-go-to places:

Rollins School of Public Health Organic to Go Café

Are you the kind of person who looks for salad everywhere they go to eat, is working to lose the Freshman 15, or desperately trying to fit into that red dress for the party next week?

Go and grab some food from Rollins Café that emphasizes organic – all natural and locally sourced food.

It offers a fresh salad bar daily, Stir Fry Tuesdays and Fridays, and Pasta Mondays and Thursdays.

With plenty of options to choose from Rollins is worth a visit!

Robert W. Woodruff Library

Whether you need 3-4 uninterrupted hours of studying, are avoiding gossip sessions with your girls, controlling yourself from going to Peet’s coffee every 15 minutes, or trying not to disturb people studying next to you because you can’t stop talking, reserve a study room at Woodruff.

But my personal favorite spot will always be the couches behind the stacks or next to the elevator, on the seventh floor.

The couches are comfier than they look, especially after you have procrastinated for a month and crammed everything into the last minute.

I may or may not have spent a night here before…

Pitts Theology library

Ever thought you were unobservant?

You pass this library every day to get to class, the bookstore or even Chipotle, and potentially still don’t know where it is. 

Want to be alone for a while or look for a list of old testament commentaries? Then this is the right place for you.

Coffee Lab, Chemistry building

Disclaimer – you don’t have to be a Chemistry major to spend here.

The building’s glass-fronted, light-filled atrium and the park-like green space attracts everyone.

Have a sweet tooth? Finding it hard to stay away from calories? Well, this place makes it harder.

With a wide range of pastries to chose from this is my go-to place when I’m craving something sweet, stressing about an unfinished paper or not trying to hard to save my Dooley dollars!

Dooley’s Den

You just finished writing your paper or got back from a party – it’s late and you are hungry.

What do you do if you ran out of your personal supply of Mac n Cheese or Ramen and the DUC is closed?

GO TO THE DEPOT.

The schwarma, Korean wings, cheeseburgers and falafel are among the most enjoyed items at this late night spot. However, what many of you don’t know is the depot has a somewhat quirky history attached to it too, read up to find out more.

WoodRec

When you are too tired of standing in line for sandwiches at the deli, bored of the salad counter or disappointed with the global section at the DUC, using your meal swipe at the Woodruff dining is definitely the best alternative.

Choose from a wide range of thin crust pizza options, grilled cheese sandwiches and other tempting items.

Emory has much to offer – you may hate some, you may like some.

Going to all these places with my friends over the last week not only made me gain a few pounds but also helped me find my little piece of home, away from home.

Emory