ACDA hosts talent show featuring performers from Emory

The event was put on for the patients and their families at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta-Egleston

On Valentine’s Day, Emory’s Association for Chronic Disease Awareness hosted a talent show featuring performance groups from the university.

The event was held at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta-Egleston and was put on for the entertainment of patients and their families during their stay.

12735538_912024972228712_1448076463_n

Adrenaline dance team

Amanda Delgado, one of the members of the ACDA Executive Board, said: “I am honored to have been part of such a humbling experience.

“I know all of the ACDA officers and I really enjoyed our time at CHOA; we would like to thank their staff and everyone that attended for coming together to make the event so special for the children.”

Several Emory performance groups  performed at this event, including:

• Emil (guitarist/vocalist)
  • Suri
  • Rathskeller
  • Dooley Noted A Capella
  • Karma Bhangra
  • Daniel Augh (guitarist/vocalist)
  • Shea Fallick (guitarist/vocalist)
  • No Strings Attached (NSA)
  • AHANA A Capella
  • Adrenaline (hip-hop dance team)
12746340_912024925562050_1950287783_n

Shea Fallick also performed

As an attendee, I would say the most amazing part about this experience was seeing the looks on the patients’ faces. It is a rewarding experience for the executive board of ACDA as well as all the performers.

Collaborating with such talents to produce a final product that brightens someones day is a unique experience ACDA was  extremely happy to be a part of.

12736176_912024948895381_607192889_n

The students of the Executive Board also put together goodie bags filled with Valentine’s Day treats for the patients to take with them and remember the event by.

ACDA looks forward to hosting more of these events throughout the semester.

Emory