CNN’s Jake Tapper ’91 filmed a segment of The Lead on campus yesterday

You should all watch it

In front of a large group of Students for Bernie supporters, Dartmouth alumni Jake Tapper ’91 brought a segment of his weekday program The Lead to the middle of the Green yesterday afternoon.

Tapper charmed the crowd of students with stories of his time at Dartmouth, took countless pictures with supporters, and even found time to reunited with some of his fellow ’91 classmates.

Photo by Josh Renaud ’17, Dartmouth College

During the episode, Tapper questioned Donald Trump’s campaign strategies, especially the decision to cancel an entire day of potential speeches in New Hampshire  to “fly home in his private jet and sleep in his own bed” just days before the primary.

Tapper sarcastically commented that while Trump canceled his campaigning due to snow, he had little trouble travelling to campus and spent “a very lovely night at the Hanover Inn.”

Tapper also took a stab at recent Robocalls flooding New Hampshire coming from white nationalist groups claiming to support Donald Trump (though, not officially sanctioned by Mr. Trump). These groups, who Tapper refers to as “Nazis” and “racists,” have been sending out “unwelcome” phone messages pushing nationalist sentiments, urging voters that “We don’t need Muslims. We need smart, educated, white people.”

Also on Tapper’s agenda was following the mass campaigning of presidential candidates across New Hampshire and an interview with Jeb Bush and his mother, Barbara “The Enforcer” Bush.

Dartmouth