The Sun God got pulled over and other highlights from Dartmouth Week 8

Recapping some of the big news from the past week…

Fall term is coming to a close!

With only one week until the beginning of Dead Week, many students are in a sweet spot of not having to deal with the grim reality of Dead Week.

However, very soon Dartmouth students around campus will be confined to the library, pulling all nighters to prepare for final exams and papers.

‘BUURRRR’

Winter is clearly on its way, apparent by the much lower temperatures experienced this week.

Leaves have almost entirely fallen from branches to the ground, leaving the once covered branches completely naked.

We predict that it will snow before the fall term is over.

Dartmouth > Cornell

This past week has been a great one for Dartmouth sports fans. The Tab would like to give a huge shout out to Dartmouth soccer for beating Cornell to win the Ivy League title.

Dartmouth men’s soccer is currently ranked 22nd in the nation and will be invited to participate in the NCAA men’s soccer championships.

Good luck and congrats on the Ivy Title!!

DP2 paying serious dividends…

The women’s rugby team has continued to totally dominate the Ivy League.

Going completely undefeated against all other Ivy teams, the women’s rugby team won the Ivy Championships this weekend after defeating Brown women’s rugby.

Go Big Green!!

Lest the old traditions fail…

On another note, many students are dismayed to learn that the organization of undergraduate housing as we know it will be forever changed.

We will all put into some kind of sorting hat that puts all undergraduates into one of 6 housing communities. Students have one month to organize into groups of 5 that will all be placed into a common housing communities.

You can also go the loner route and opt out of joining a housing group. This housing change will certainly have an impact on campus climate, though at this point the impact is unclear.

To what extent will our identities at Dartmouth be defined by our assigned housing communities? Only time will tell.

Sun God vs. H-Po

On Friday afternoon, the campus legend was seen pulled over in front of The Hop by H-Po.

The Sun God didn’t appear to be in serious trouble, but can your really blame the cops for being concerned after seeing that vehicle making laps around the green?

Dartmouth