Where to take bae: The best Dartmouth dates

Exploring Dartmouth dating options in Hanover and the Upper Valley

Cuffing season is officially upon us. With the weather getting chillier and the term winding down, there is no better time than to cuddle up with “bae” and watch Netflix.

The Tab asked Dartmouth couples about the best places to go in Hanover and the Upper Valley. We learned of some great options for a romantic get-away from Dartmouth for a little while.

If you are “bae-less,” you can still benefit in knowing the best places to go when you find that special someone soon.

The BEMA

Both during the day or at nighttime, this spot offers couples a chance to appreciate nature and relax in a secret setting right on campus.

At night star gazing, talking and enjoying each other’s company would definitely make the night memorable.

Mink Brook

About a 15-minute walk from Dartmouth, this conservancy has trails and meadows that overlook the river nearby. It’s especially gorgeous in the spring, and in the summer it is a great way to explore the wilderness and unwind.

The Nugget

If you’re not an outdoorsy couple, then catching a flick at the local movie theater could be a nice treat for you both. Make it an occasion even and dress up! Sometimes it’s OK to get flashy even if it’s only for your bae.

A dinner date

You can never go wrong with a nice dinner at a spot like Molly’s, Yama, Tuck Tuck, Thai Orchid, Morano Gelato, Mruphy’s and others.

Sometimes the noise can be overwhelming, especially if you desire a more intimate setting. To avoid this, opt for nights/afternoons when it will be less crowded.

Franconia Notch State Park

An off campus option in Concord, NH offers more than 20 outdoor activities in one place like canoeing/kayaking, horseback riding, rock climbing, hiking and camping. There’s also zip lining and a gondola ride.

FORE-U Golf Center

A great option during the spring and summer, this destination is a 4-in-1 with batting cages, a mini-golf course, a driving range and to end the day off right ICE CREAM FORE-U will satisfy your sweet tooth!

Dartmouth lectures

A great way to get to know your significant other is by attending lectures together either given by Dartmouth professors or guest speakers. This can spark a great conversation afterward.

Even with these suggestions, do not be afraid to be creative!

When asked what their ideal date would be some of the couples’ responses were bringing food for the day and lounging on a lake, a picnic at night by the bridge so that they can star gaze, rock climbing so that they can bond and support each other throughout the activity and the last one was watching a movie, eating at a nice restaurant and then taking a quiet, scenic walk.

…and as always “Netflix and chill” is still an option with EBAs and plenty of laughs.

Hope this helps those budding romances!

Dartmouth