Attention leaf peepers: Dartmouth ranks low in fall foliage ranks

Here’s how to enjoy the scenery at Dartmouth anyway

Bestcollegevalues.com just released their “50 Most Beautiful Colleges in the Fall” list.

We expected Dartmouth to be an obvious top choice in this ranking and were shocked to see that we received the mediocre ranking of 29th.

This leads us to ask, what is the methodology here? When schools like Fordham are ranking ahead of us, you have to wonder whether they are doing anything more than a cursory perusal of Instagram. #leafpeeping

In a suspect approach, there were apparently no criteria used at all to form this ranking.

Thanks to Hannah Gallen

But Dartmouth students and residents of picturesque Hanover alike won’t let one ranking ruin peak foliage for us.

Besides, Harvard didn’t even make the list.

Thanks to Hannah Gallen

As bestcollegevalues.com wisely suggests, there are many ways to enjoy autumn at Dartmouth, including but not limited to taking “a stroll through Hanover Cemetery.”

If you’re looking for a livelier way to enjoy the scenery, however, we recommend taking in the panoramic view from the top of the Gile Mountain fire tower, renting a kayak for a colorful paddle down the Connecticut, or taking a stroll around Occom.

For those with their noses in their books, even a quick peek out of the library window can provide just the heartening glimpse of gold and red you need to make it through that chapter.

However you choose to view the foliage, make sure to enjoy it, because winter is coming very soon.

Dartmouth