What you missed last week

Because we know how busy you are with finals

The holiday spirit is not the only thing in the air as finals have officially settled in for the next two weeks.

Don’t worry though, they’ll be over soon and we will be here for all your distraction needs.

As for this week, we looked at the difficulties of being a parent and attending college, we had an amazing inside scoop of what it is like to travel into Iceland, and we looked into what it means to have depression as a student.

Don’t forget it is holiday season!

Keep this in mind and stop being so selfish

Depression at Hunter

One of our amazing reporters wrote a very intimate and brave piece about her struggles with depression over the years and what it can do to the productivity of a student.

On a lighter note, did you know the Hunter sportsplex hosts roller derby?

No?

Well now you know.

What is it like to be a parent at school?

We interviewed a mother who is forced to bring her child into class because of difficult scheduling surrounding her work and courses. But we really don’t mind at all. Just look at this little burrito sized baby.

Oh and for some reason winter decided to dip.

Enjoy the last remaining (maybe?) days of warmth and fog.

The wonders of Iceland

One of our reporters flew to Iceland on a whim’s notice and almost died while up there. Apparently it is as beautiful as it is dangerous.

There was also basketball, which way more of us should care about. I mean look at those bleachers. Come on people!

That’s it for this week. As always, we will be back next week with another round up and we wish you all the best of luck while finals are still upon us.

Hunter College