10 things to cross off your bucket list at CU

Ever wonder what a frat looks like when you’re sober?

Spending four years at the best and most beautiful college on earth has to come with some advantages in life, besides the degree. Think about your last year at CU whether it be now or in the future. Will you have any regrets? To avoid those regrets, here’s a guide of things everyone who attends CU should check off their list before the adventure of college is over:

Hiking to the top of the Flatirons on a Sunday morning

You wake up, probably hungover, on a beautiful Sunday morning.

What better to do than to hike to the top of the flatirons and appreciate the breathtaking view of the campus we call ours? In walking distance from campus, Chautauqua is the most popular hiking trail in Boulder. If you’ve hiked in Boulder, odds are you’ve hiked Chautauqua and, if you live in Boulder and you’ve never seen campus from the highest point in Boulder, now’s your chance.

Having a friend from a different college stay a night at CU

Bragging about your gorgeous campus is different than actually showing your campus off.

Bringing a friend from CSU or UNC up to Boulder for the weekend is a must. Bring them along when you walk the Hill on a Friday night to get food from The Corner, or bring them up to show them what a real CU football game is like. The options are endless here and it will be easy to show them why you picked CU and why they should’ve too.

Get a finger tattoo on the Hill

Ever wanted to try something risky but not SUPER risky and barely noticeable? Get a finger tattoo. But, in order to make it CU bucket list worthy, you have to get it on the Hill. With the numerous tattoo shops on the hill, its easy to make the decision. Finger tattoos are the new rave because of how cute, but hidden, they are. You’ll regret not getting a small tattoo on the Hill, it’s part of CU student culture.

Tailgate a Rocky Mountain Showdown game

If you know anything about CU Boulder culture, you know what the Rocky Mountain Showdown is: CU vs. CSU in the biggest rival game in Colorado. An event so big that it’s held at Sports Authority Field where the Broncos play. Dressing all out in CU gear and tailgating the game a few hours before it starts is only part of the experience.

The stands are completely packed with students and parents, or even just random Coloradans wanting to watch the game. The student sections cheer back and forth over the roar of the crowd and every year, one winner is picked: either the green or the black and gold. You’ve truly never been to a real college football game until you’ve attended a Rocky Mountain Showdown game.

Tube down Boulder creek

With easy access to the creek from the bike paths, getting your large tube in the creek isn’t hard at all. The Whitewater Tube Company has easy tube rentals for your day out on the creek. So grab a few friends and spend a nice summer day floating down the river. The beautiful trees all around you will make you feel like you’re in the mountains, but instead of being a drive away, it’s just a short walk away from campus.

Bus to a Red Rocks concert

With the Bus to Show busses running from CU to Red Rocks, its easy to make it to a concert in the most beautiful concert venue on earth. Whether you’re more of a Rowdy Town person or a Reggae on the Rocks person, Red Rocks is always having something going on. So, gather some of your friends and bus to Red Rocks to see a concert. The bus will be just as fun as the concert because everyone’s going to do the same thing as you.

Go to a frat party… sober

Alpha Sigma Phi is throwing that huge jungle party that everyone is talking about, and CU is known for its partying and frat houses. This may be one of the hardest tasks in college, but it’s worth crossing off your bucket list. Challenge yourself. Try to attend that party sober. Yep, you heard me right. SOBER. Trying something out of the ordinary is part of college so why not try this one?

You might even enjoy it a little, and if anything you’ll be entertained by the many drunk people.

Late night Cosmos pizza runs

So you’re walking back from the Hill, sober or not, and you’re craving some good pizza. Cosmos is always the way to go. Being the most popular pizza place in Boulder, with slices that are not only huge, but cheap, Cosmos is a go to for all students after a night out. If you’re a student at Boulder, odds are you’ve had Cosmos (whether you remember it or not).

Skiing or boarding down Eldora in a t-shirt

Colorado is known for its bipolar weather. Hot one day, cold another.

Go to a class you’re not in and know nothing about

Ever wondered what an astronomy class is like? If so, you should find out. Even if you’re not in the class, college classes are so full that if you come in, sit down in the back, and act like you were part of the class, you’ll blend in perfectly as a student of the class. Getting into the classes you want before the semester starts is hard. So why not attend a class you wanted to be in, for free.

University of Colorado Boulder