‘Do you know this racist?’ posters put up around Cornell after racially-motivated assault

They are up around campus and in Collegetown

Posters asking "Do you know this racist?" have appeared at Cornell and in Collegetown after a racially-motivated assault took place last week.

The flyers feature a picture of one of students believed to have been involved.

Last Friday night, a black student at Cornell was physically and verbally assaulted on Eddy Street by a group of white men. The black student was hospitalized for his injuries.

Further investigation into the racially-motivated assault has uncovered the alleged involvement of members of Psi Upsilon, which according to President Pollack's most recent statement, will not be recognized for re-affiliation pending investigation.

In video of the incident published in the Cornell Daily Sun, one of the students can be heard saying: "You might be a sand-nigger black, but you’re not black" and "Come fight us, nigger."

A statement from Ryan Lombardi, VP for Student and Campus Life last week said: "I am appalled at this incident and will continue to condemn any action that targets the identities and the human dignity of our students.

"Such incidents of violence, even if they occur off-campus, are subject to disciplinary proceedings through the Campus Code of Conduct."

This comes less than two weeks after a member of Zeta Psi was heard shouting "build a wall" outside the Latino Living Center.

Cornell