Young Thug is coming to Cornell

His debut album will be released this summer

The Cornell Concert Commission has announced on-the-rise rapper Young Thug will be performing at Barton Hall on April 17.

His debut album, Hy!£UN35 (pronounced “Hi tunes”), is coming this summer. Before that, however, he will be making early stops on the Hy!£UN35 tour – including one at Cornell.

Young Thug has previously released popular singles such as “Stoner”, “About the Money”, and “Lifestyle”.

An Atlanta native, he has collaborated with a plethora of Southern artists, including Waka Flocka Flame, Rich Homie Quan, Birdman, and T.I.

He made headlines recently for his unusual promotion of the third installment of his Slime Season mixtape series, which involved carrying a casket through the SXSW music festival.

The decision to bring Young Thug to campus was made jointly by the CCC and the Multicultural Funding Advisory Board.

Representatives for the board cited student interest in having a hip-hop artist perform on campus.

Ticket sales will open tomorrow for students at the Cornell Concerts website and Thursday for non-students, with ticket prices of $13 and $20 respectively.

Cornell