Why do these Cornellians #FeelTheBern?

We asked around

Last summer, one of my friends added me to a small, yet driven group on Facebook. We started off as a cluster of enthusiastic Bernie fans determined to get his name out to our peers. Clearly it struck some chord, as a Hillary group formed shortly afterwards. Now, although still an unofficial student group on campus, we haven’t stopped spamming about voter registration and reasons to support Senator Sanders.

As one of the current moderators for the Big Red for Bernie Facebook and Instagram (shameless plug: follow for follow), I’m all about spreading the Bernie love and support on campus. Last night, I spent approximately four hours passing out free Bernie buttons and stickers to my fellow Cornellians.

I decided this was the perfect opportunity to ask students why they #FeelTheBern. Here’s what they said.

Ana, class of 2017

“I don’t like any other candidate. His vision for the country is most aligned with mine.”

Julia, class of 2017 (left) & Kylar, class of 2016 (right)

“He’s like Leslie Knope” – Julia ’17 (left)

“He seems like a cool dude” – Kylar ’16 (right)

Alex, class of 2019

“I’m currently suffering from third degree BERNs… someone take me to the hospital!”

Jesse, class of 2018

“He’s the better candidate on climate change policy and more inclusive towards everyone’s struggles.”

Omari “Thunder” Powell, class of 2016

“His commitment towards social justice and inequality, as well as his history in fighting it, is unparalleled.”

Savannah, class of 2017

“Democratic socialism isn’t just about free things and taking down the 1%. It’s about compassion for the people who are at a disadvantage. Bernie gets that.”

Miles & Celina, class of 2018

“We’re really tired of politics as usual.”

Well, there you have it. This is why these Cornellians are #BerninUpForBernie. Why do you #FeelTheBern?

Cornell