Why Valentine’s Day is best spent with your dog

Skip the madness

Every year there’s an overwhelming amount of stress that revolves around Valentine’s Day. If you’re in a relationship, you worry about what to do, what to wear, what gifts to get, what gifts not to get – I could go on and on. On the other side of things, there’s an equal amount of stress surrounding us singles on “Singles Awareness Day.” In other words, no matter our relationship status, Valentine’s Day is chaos.

Instead of getting caught up in all of the madness, why not just spend Valentine’s Day with your dog?

Here’s a few reasons why this is definitely a better option.

They will have no complaints about cuddling with you for hours.

They’re perfectly happy if even leaving your bed is too much of an effort.

Sweats? No make-up? No problem.

They’re a date you don’t even have to shave for.

Dogs don’t talk talk.

There are 1,000 reasons why this alone makes them better than most people. No arguments about where to go to dinner or what movie to see.

Broke college student? All is good because they’re the Valentine you don’t have to buy a gift for.

An even if you burn dinner, they’re still going to beg for whatever you cooked.

They’re not going to judge you when you proceed to eat the entire box of chocolate in one sitting.

They will look the other way.

They will pretend not to notice

No matter what, your presence is enough to have them wagging their tail in delight.

So this Valentine’s Day, don’t even bother leaving your bed. Spending the day with your dog is the power move to make.

Cornell