Which is the best a cappella group at Cornell?

‘The Hangovers are my favorite, they’re all really cute’

11054457_10153110899308477_4993442526795636525_n

College a cappella has been on the rise across the nation since the beautiful film Pitch Perfect debuted in 2012.

Back then, Cornell already had an abundance of talented singing groups, some already celebrating decades of anniversaries.

With so many groups on campus, it’s hard to pick just one favorite. But we asked you to try.

Christina Chen, Food Science ’18

What’s your favorite a cappella group on campus?

This is going to sound a little biased, but Hearsay because I’m in it!

What do you like about a cappella at Cornell?

It’s like its own community within a community. It’s a way to find a little niche within the Cornell community and it’s a nice way to express myself. 

Shannon Chen, Biological Sciences ’18, Kathy Xu, Statistical Science ’16, and Christine Huang, Food Science ’17

Kathy: Hearsay, because my friend’s in it. No wait, I change my answer: Tarana!

Shannon: I really like the Hangovers, but I love Fantasia. They really need more recognition.

Christine: I love Fantasia!

Ilana Kotliar, Chemistry ’18

I don’t have a favorite a cappella group, all the groups that I have heard sound so good.

I like that Cornell has such a large variety of a cappella groups and each has their own unique style.

Sarah Lipski, Near Eastern Studies ’16

The Hangovers are my favorite, they’re all really cute.

Sierra Pregosin, English ’18

To be honest, it’s a little difficult for me to pick my favorite group. I used to love Cayuga’s Waiters, but after seeing After Eight a cappella last night for the first time, I think they’ve climbed to the top. Especially if the Tufts University Beelzebubs make a comeback to their shows.

Cornell