The most Cornell things that happened this week

Is it November yet?

Pre-Thanksgiving Slump

We’ve been there before, and we’re there now again.

That Pre-Thanksgiving break slump.

The semester is already coming to an end, and those emails asking for a few days to recover from absolutely nothing are piling up. It’ll be a little while before those iClickers see the light of day again.

Wake me up when September ends

Yes, technically it’s November 22nd, but it seems like fall is just starting.

While last year was one of the coldest Octobers recorded in history, this October (2015, for all of you who are really confused), was the warmest one ever recorded in history.

This change in scenery has probably fooled a lot of tour groups, but also makes all the infamous Canada Goose owners wonder: in the next few years, will this purchase really be worth it?

Save the geese, end climate change.

WE’RE FAMOUS

This adorable little boy has been making headlines lately after gushing about his dad on HONY and saying if he were a reporter, he would ask NASA if any of their rockets were going to space.

Zoom in to the picture and you’ll see that this up and coming lil journalist is rocking what seems to be a Cornell shirt.

Naturally, because everyone loves a little Cornellian, NASA responded in the comment section about a rocket that they are developing to, you guessed it, launch into space!

Congratulations, Class of 2029. You’re already killing the game.

Black Lives Matter

On Tuesday afternoon, Trillium food court was filled with students sharing stories of racism that they have experienced on campus, educating peers on the history of racism at Cornell, anecdotes about racism at their time here (including being told Ujamaa Residential College is like a “cell block”) and standing in solidarity with other campuses who are experiencing similar injustices.

It is clear racial injustice and discrimination is a major issue which needs to be addressed here at Cornell, starting with the recognition racism does exist here at home.

Finally

We extend our love, support and condolences to those who have been affected by terrorism across the globe. To those living in Beirut, Baghdad, Niamey, Ankara, Paris: you are in our thoughts.

Cornell