The most Cornell things that happened this week

As someone commented in on last week’s article: “Stress”

Have you spent the whole week locked up in Mann telling yourself you’re getting work done, but really all you’ve done is ordered holiday decorations and formal dresses?

Are you still trying to figure out how to get out of next week’s classes so you can get home in time for Thanksgiving?

Let’s be real, we’ve all been distracted by classes, prelims and the super cute couple from Columbia who met up through the Ivy League snapchat story. Here’s what you’ve missed this week … besides the endless work:

And we danced

Just like Macklemore, but I’m pretty sure only Harvard cried. Phi Mu Sorority and Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity hosted Cornell’s first ever (and the first ever hosted by an Ivy League) Thon for Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.

Harvard tried to beat us to it by moving their Thon to the same day as ours, but Cornell pulled through and Phi Mu and Phi Delta Epsilon’s event was technically the first Ivy League Thon. Cue the fireworks. If you missed the most fun all nighter in the history of Cornell, we’ve got you covered.

According to my Facebook event notifications…

A Cappella season is in full swing. And according to my facebook timeline…

…freshmen are struggling harder than ever. Here’s a pro tip:

Formal season is upon us

Look in any lecture and you’ll see rows of laptops with the top shop dress section open. Remember to carb up your body and charge up your phone and be safe, kids!

Course Enroll is getting *slightly* less evil

It is the end of an era with course enroll. Somehow, even with the new shopping cart feature (PSA: you can add the classes to your cart BEFORE your enrollment period), Cornell students trying to get into intro level classes still managed to make this time of year the Cornell equivalent of the apocalypse.

From now on, we’ll be telling future Cornellians about the wild days when course enrollment was based on who could type codes into student center the fastest. Times are changing, but the friendship-ending competition still remains.

Exhibit A: I had to think whether or not to mention the new feature in the hopes that I could still use it as an advantage next semester against the people who didn’t know about it. Whoops.

And finally, on a serious note…

Cornell students have been posting messages all over Facebook to stand in solidarity with students of color at the University of Missouri. With recent protests at Ithaca College regarding racial injustice, a lot of the racial mistreatment occurring at Mizzou really hits home here in Ithaca. Here is the message that so many students have echoed:

“To the students of color at Mizzou, we, students at Cornell University, stand with you in solidarity. To those who would threaten your sense of safety, we are watching. ‪#‎ConcernedStudents1950‬ ‪#‎InSolidarityWithMizzou‬

Cornell