Ithaca makes list of college towns you don’t want to leave

It’s more than just gorges

The nostalgia is all too real for a college graduate, but just wait for spring of your senior year when you’re about to leave The Hill — and its surrounding city.

Ithaca is gorges. We get it. Ithaca is 100 gorges, as a matter of fact. It is also the city with the most restaurants per capita in the United States (and, to be honest, probably head shops).

Ithaca is music, Shakespeare, the farmers’ market and ice cream sundaes. (Did you know we invented those? Personally. I invented the ice cream sundae.)

It’s dreadlocks on white dudes with hippie beards and Cinemapolis for a foreign film when you’re feeling intellectual.

And this season, it’s probably definitely your favorite place to be — from apples to chili, there’s always something to celebrate.

So it’s not surprising that Ithaca made College Magazine’s list of Top 10 College Towns You’ll Never Want To Leave, coming in at number eight.

As a recent grad, trust me, it’s too true.

Enjoy all that Ithaca has to offer while it’s convenient, and come back to crash on your little’s futon when you graduate because you’re never going to be ready to totally let go.

Cornell